- Serves as Chief Financial Officer for the County;
- Provides administrative direction for the Finance Department, including payroll, accounting, and purchasing;
- Identifies and recommends methods to improve management and operations of the Finance Department involving enhanced work processes, responsiveness, efficient use of resources and quality service delivery;
- Monitors and assesses operating results;
- Tracks and forecasts revenues and fund balances;
- Recommends any necessary and prudent budget modifications;
- Plans, develops and revises department's policies and procedures;
- Oversees the production of various complex financial accounting reports, including Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFRs);
- Participates in the development of specifications for contracts and proposals following legal guidelines;
- Assures department's activities are following all laws, policies, regulations, and the County's strategic direction;
- Works cooperatively with individual departments in identifying and analyzing requirements and problems;
- Plans, coordinates, and reconciles with State auditors regarding annual audit findings and results;
- Oversees and manages bond activity, records and ensures compliance with federal and state reporting requirements;
- Serves as member of the Cochise County leadership team, assisting in setting of overall strategic goals, policies, direction and financial goals for Cochise County.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or related field; seven (7) years of progressively responsible administrative experience in government, five (5) years must be in a supervisory accounting or business manager capacity in the public sector; OR, an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities of this classification; must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license if position duties require.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, and 5 years' progressively responsible experience related to the management or budgeting of governmental accounting and financial reporting; Certified Public Financial Officer (CPFO) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Please refer to our website for a complete job description
Position is open until filled and may close at any time.
Located in the mile-high city of Bisbee, Arizona, our residents enjoy a high quality of life with clean air and some of the best weather in the nation! Cochise County offers a comprehensive benefits package to include membership in the Arizona State Retirement System.