The Orange County Finance and Administrative Services Department has an opening for an Accountant. The work involves responsibility for performing complex accounting and auditing work, including the preparation of financial statements and analyses in accordance with standard professional accounting procedures. An employee in this class is responsible for reviewing and maintaining records manually and electronically, and providing support in the areas of audits, fixed assets, capital improvement projects and risk management. Work is performed under the general supervision of senior management with considerable leeway for independent judgment. Supervision is not a requirement of this position. Does related work as required.
Examples of Essential Functions:
Following are examples of typical work activities and responsibilities. The incumbent may be responsible for performing other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned. A position may not include all the work examples given, nor does the list include all that may be assigned.
- Supports the Finance Department Accounting team in the maintenance of accounts, financial records and internal audits;
- Reviews and ensures timely submission of departments' financial transactions to the County's financial system;
- Assists in the preparation of schedules, financial statements and reports to support the Annual Financial Audit and Single Audit;
- Maintains and makes adjustments to the Fixed Assets module including additions and retirement disposals, and performs inventory audits;
- Provides support throughout the County's Procure to Pay cycle;
- Provides support in the Capital Improvement Project and Risk Management functions;
- Supports the Finance Department's Automation initiatives to increase efficiency through the integration of financial systems;
- Effectively uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software in performing work assignments.