Established in 1986, SELF is one of the largest and most successful risk pools in the country providing excess liability coverage to California’s public educational agencies. Members of SELF include K-12 districts, community college districts, charter schools, and county offices of education equating to approximately 2.7 million students.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced, hands-on finance professional to enhance the efforts of this exemplary risk pool to provide outstanding service to California’s schools. Qualification and attributes of the ideal CFO candidate would include:
- An individual with senior level accounting and finance experience who will lead, coordinate and direct financial administration, cash management, investment functions and human resource activities.
- A strategic leader who, partnered with SELF Chief Executive Officer, is able to guide the financial policy and direction of the organization.
- A highly skilled communicator who instills confidence by providing clear, thoroughly researched and well-developed recommendations to the CEO and/or board or finance committee.
- Experience in completing, presenting and discussing all financial aspects of the organization at a board level.
- A people motivator experienced with directing professional and administrative employees involved in the administration of organizations with a budget of at least $10M annually.