2023-2024 WPFN Committees Application
Annually GFOA's Women Public Finance Network (WPFN) seeks members to volunteer their time in supporting the activities of WPFN through three committees:
- Communications. The Communications Committee identifies an editorial calendar, develops content, and identifies materials to engage members for WPFN’s monthly newsletter.
- Programming and Education. The Programming and Education Committee identifies topics and speakers for potential webinars and events and helps facilitate discussion during WPFN virtual networking events.
- Mentorship. The Mentorship Committee supports WPFN’s annual mentorship program, including potential pairings and development of resources for mentors and mentees.
Each committee is led by two co-chairs and is supported by a GFOA staff liaison. Each committee includes ten people or fewer.
- Committee members must be active GFOA and WPFN members.
- If you are a GFOA member but not a WPFN member, you can register to become a WPFN member by clicking here.
Program Format and Duration
- The committee term formally starts July 1 and extends through June 30 for a period of one year.
- WPFN committee members are expected to participate in periodic calls to work on activities to support the committee and WPFN. The anticipated time commitment will be one to two hours per month, split between committee meetings and outside preparation.