Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) will offer its 21st Annual Governmental GAAP Update web-stream event on November 3, 2016, and again on December 1, 2016, from 1:00 to 5:00 pm (Eastern). The training will provide comprehensive coverage of the most recent developments in accounting and financial reporting for state and local governments, including:
- Additional authoritative guidance on pensions and other postemployment benefits (OPEB);
- Proposed final guidance on leases;
- New standard for money-market type investment pools and participating governments;
- Proposed final guidance on the use of fiduciary funds;
- Authoritative guidance on split-interest agreements;
- New standard that expands the criteria for blending component units;
- Proposed final guidance on capital asset retirement obligations;
- Progress on project to reexamine the governmental financial reporting model;
- Forthcoming proposal on accounting for debt extinguishments that use existing resources;
- Recent GASB implementation guidance;
- Other ongoing GASB projects (GASB Technical Plan); and
- Common financial reporting deficiencies.
The 21st Annual Governmental GAAP Update will be presented by Stephen J. Gauthier and Steven A. Solomon using the latest video and audio streaming technology.Gauthier is theDirector of GFOA’s Technical Services Center and author of Governmental Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (GAAFR or “Blue Book”) and numerous other GFOA publications. Solomon is the Deputy Director of GFOA’s Technical Services Center and a regular speaker on accounting, auditing, and financial reporting topics for GFOA.
For more information and to register for the training, visit www.gfoa.org. Early and group discounts are available. If you have more than 100 people to sign up, contact Barb Mollo, Director of Operations and Marketing, at 312.977.9700 or email for special pricing. Four continuing professional education (CPE) credits will be available for each participant. If you have any questions about the program, contact GFOA at email@example.com.