Project and Governance Manager, Education
GFOA seeks a project manager with experience in education programming and governance in associations for this newly created position. This position will have a key role in GFOA's highly successful and expanding education program. The Project Manager will work closely with the Director of Education as well as members of cross-functional teams to see projects from inception to delivery and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time, on budget and within scope and in accordance with the plan for the Education portfolio. This position will plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of assigned projects.
- Coordinates with cross functional teams to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines and schedules
- Manages the logistics and implementation of the new Education Governance model
- Communicates regularly with all stakeholders
- Meets with project teams members to identify and resolve issues
- Submits project deliverables and ensures they adhere to quality standards
- Prepares status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information
- Establishes effective project communication plans and ensures their execution
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in business, education or related field preferred.
- Project Management Professional Certificate preferred.
- At least three years of experience in complex project management. Experience in
- educational programs in associations is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional team
- Strong working knowledge of project management principles and processes
- Experience working with project management software (Microsoft Project, Teamwork or
- similar platform)
- Experience in creating, implementing and managing governance models