PROFILE & RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Currently leads the State Agency in Minnesota that is charged with responsibility for financing all private Higher Education financing in Minnesota
- Oversaw digitization of all files, transcripts and other documentation accumulated over 40+ years by the Minnesota Higher Education Facilities
- Financial advisor on over 400 bond issues with a par value of over $6.0 billion.
- Enhanced client service efforts of the Minnesota Higher Education Facilities Authority to add value to Authority services
- Liaison with investors, Rating Agencies, Trustees, Internal Revenue Service and others for private institutions of higher education in Minnesota
- Educating & informing industry on effects of proposed legislation, regulations and court cases
- Progressive, forward looking leader working to insure the long-term financial success of Minnesota Private Colleges and Universities and ensuring the Minnesota Higher Education Facilities Authority is a strong partner for the future.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Mitchell | Hamline School of Law Juris Doctorate May 1980
University of Minnesota B.S. – Economics June 1977
Certified Public Accountant CPA Certificate June 1982
MINNESOTA HIGHER EDUCATION FACILITIES AUTHORITY
Executive Director July 2016 – Present
The Minnesota Higher Education Facilities Authority (“MHEFA”) a Minnesota State Agency which finances capital projects for Minnesota private higher education institutions. The MHEFA has approximately $990 million of conduit debt outstanding. Since its founding in 1971, MHEFA has served as conduit issuer for nearly 300 bond issues for $3 billion of conduit financings.
CITY OF LAKEVILLE, MINNESOTA
City Council Finance Advisory Committee
Member April 2018 – Present
Chairperson April 2019 - Present
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH & EDUCATION FACILITIES AUTHORITIES (NAHEFFA)
Board member October 2017 – Present
SPRINGSTED (Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors LLC)
Senior Vice President February 2000 – July 2016
Other Executive posts January 1989 – Jan. 2000
Baker Tilly/Springsted is a full-service financial and management advisory firm, serving the public and not-for-profit sector. I led the Higher Education, Student Loan, Healthcare and Not-For-Profit groups. I provided clients with debt financing, refinancing & restructuring, investments, construction management, strategic planning, as well as policy development and implementation.