Interest Rate Spread (10-Year T-Bill – 2-Year T-Bill)
- The Treasury yield curve shows the yield for Treasury securities of 10- and 2-year maturities. It reflects market expectations of future interest rate fluctuations over varying periods of time.
Federal Funds Interest Rate
- Target interest rate set by the Federal Open Market Committee. The target is the rate at which the fed suggests commercial banks borrow and lend their excess reserves to each other overnight.
Industrial Production Index
- The industrial production index (IPI) measures levels of production and capacity in the manufacturing, mining, electric, and gas industries, relative to a base year.
Moving T-Bill Averages
6-month, 2-year, 10-year
- These interest rates are the daily secondary market quotations on the most recently auctioned Treasury Bills for each maturity tranche (6-month, 2-year and 10-year) for which Treasury currently issues new bills.
- Moving averages are used to monitor trends and trend changes.
- Generally, interest rates are increasing (prices falling) when the moving average yield is rising and the current rate exceeds the moving average.
- Conversely, current yields below a declining moving average are associated with lower interest rates (high prices on fixed-income securities).
- Some market timers buy (or sell) longer maturities when current market yields fall below (or penetrate above) their moving averages.
90-Day Treasury Bill Rate & Moving Average
- The 90-day par real curve, which relates the par real yield on a Treasury Inflation Protected Security (TIPS) to its time to maturity, is based on the closing market bid prices on the most recently auctioned TIPS in the over-the-counter market
New Business Starts
- An increase in new business starts can signal a strong economy and future hiring.
- Real gross domestic product (real GDP) is an inflation-adjusted measure that reflects the value of all goods and services produced by an economy in a given year (expressed in base-year prices)
Money Market Fund Index
- This index is designed to track the investment portfolios of select government money market funds.
3-Month, 6-Month CDs Average Interest Rates
- Average certificate of deposit interest rates for 3-month and 6-month CDs.
CBOE Volatility Index (VIX)
- The Volatility Index (VIX) is a gauge of U.S. equity market volatility.