HIRING SALARY RANGE: $56,800.00 – $71,000.00 (BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE)
NOTE: SR. LEVEL INTERNAL AUDIT EXPERIENCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
The expectation of this position is to perform and communicate relevant, reliable, timely and independent assessments of the LVCVA risk, control, and business environments, provide assurance about the control infrastructure, promote improvement and safeguard assets. The Internal Auditor will anticipate future needs or possible exposures based upon the objectives of the LVCVA, emerging business conditions, and changing regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts internal audits of the LVCVA departments, functional areas and processes to assess control effectiveness, efficiency and compliance with internal policies and applicable laws/regulations in these areas.
- Identifies control inadequacies, breakdowns and their root cause. Formulates remediation options to correct the situation.
- Formulates business relationships within the LVCVA by maintaining a frequent presence within the business units.
- Conducts non-routine financial and operational analysis and special investigation/projects.
- Assists external auditors as necessary.
- Supports department initiatives and activities such as risk assessment, administrative tasks, and new initiatives.
- Identifies training needs within the LVCVA to improve operations and the control environment and support efforts, as necessary, to address them. This may range from notifying the appropriate people, designing a training program and/or delivering training.
- Remains current on professional and business developments through continuing professional education using periodicals, training courses, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality and resourcefulness by exemplifying integrity, ingenuity and exceptional work ethic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, advanced degree desirable
- Two plus years of recent audit experience
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in evaluating and analyzing the adequacy of controls
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, management, and other ambassadors in a variety of formats
- Ability to work effectively with people across all areas and levels
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with people being audited
Possess technical knowledge and experience in several of the following activities:
- Auditing techniques and standard
- Internal control systems
- Accounting principles and practices
- Financial management
- General management practices
- Management information systems and PC-based control practices and procedures Knowledge of information systems, information system controls and data analytics Strong strategic thinking and interpretation, research methodology and statistical analytics skills May be required to work outside normal working hours Government accounting experience a plus
Must have a valid Nevada driver's license at time of appointment and must maintain during course of employment. CPA, CIA, CGAP, CISA, CFE or similar professional designation desired
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The individual in this position must be able to work in a typical office setting, use standard office equipment, including a computer; ability to read printed materials and a computer monitor; and ability to communicate in person or over the telephone. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.