Requisition ID: req449 Department: Financial Services Operations Campus: DC-Downtown Center Employment Type: Administrative-Full Time Best Consideration Date: For best consideration, apply by December 17, 2019; applications received after this date are not guaranteed a review.
Portland Community College is seeking a Budget Manager. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Finance, the Budget Manager plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the processes and operations of budget management for several governmental and internal/enterprise funds collegewide. PCC's biennial operating budget is $508 million. The manager also ensures all legal compliance for budget processes related to Oregon state and local budget law and develops and provides strategic direction to support College objectives. See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/management-jobs/finance-div-mgr/
Candidate Profile These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position. Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Working knowledge of and experience in applying Oregon State budget laws, preferably for community colleges.
- Successful participation in GFOA Distinguished Budget Preparation Award Program.
- Experience in developing and presenting budget presentations to political entities such as school boards and community groups.
- Experience in debt funding/refunding analysis and preparation, primarily related to bond issues.
- Possess advanced internal/external customer service skills and a highly collaborative work style. Additionally, has demonstrated experience in working successfully within a culturally diverse organization with multiple locations.
- Five or more years demonstrated management and/or leadership experience with supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated team building success.
- Advanced communication skills; is comfortable with ambiguous information and complex/developing business systems. Ability to present complex issues in clear, understandable language to non-technical staff.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Eight years of progressively responsible, professional experience related to area of assignment at a management level.
Knowledge and Skills:
Define Budget software system requirements, oversee system implementation and manage new system rollout to all end users at various different levels in the organization. Prepare and monitor detailed financial forecasts for all fund types. Experience preparing detailed revenue analysis and forecasts. Monitor and forecast personnel, operating and capital expenses. Hands on budget development and monitoring. Demonstrated experience providing direct customer assistance to finance users by providing financial analysis, forecasting and budget problem solving. Experience dealing with difficult funding requests and ongoing budget changes and challenges
Preferred Qualifications • CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
Position Grade: M
Starting Salary Expectations Minimum $81,298 to range mid-point of $99,591. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Position Grade Salary Range: $81298 to $117882 Annual Salary
PCC Benefits PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. After one year of management or confidential service, PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management and confidential personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees) • 14.67 hours of vacation leave per month • 1 day of sick leave per month • 11 holidays • 3 additional personal leave days per year
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits View a complete list of PCC benefits.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
Background Check Required Yes
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation: • Veterans: DD214 • Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.