December 7, 2023
3-4 p.m. ET
December 14, 2023
3-4 p.m. ET
- Field of Study: Finance
- Credits: 2.00
- Prerequisite: None.
Part 1, December 7: Lessons Learned in Budgeting for Equity
Many local governments are taking an interest in Budgeting for Equity, which, broadly defined, means allocating local government resources in a way that is intended to address unfair disparities between different groups of people, such as racial groups or income groups. In this session, you'll hear about the practical tensions that governments must navigate to introduce an equity lens to budgeting, including lessons learned from Results for America's City Budgeting for Equity and Recovery program, leading academics.
Part 2, December 14: Workshop: Applying Budgeting for Equity in Your Community
During this session, you'll learn the critical tools needed to advance equity and budgeting in your community. In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn from both academics and practitioners how to apply the concepts learned in part 1 to meet your jurisdiction’s unique needs.
Who Will Benefit: Budget Manager, CFO/Finance Director, Department Director
- Gain a new understanding of the state of the field as it relates to practices around equity in budgeting.
- Learn how to access practical tools and implement them in your jurisdiction to get started on equity in budgeting.
- Understand where the gaps in the field are and what is needed to advance the broader conversation/field.
- Discuss your needs and challenges as they currently exist with expert practitioners and academics.
- Learn how to employ the critical tools needed to advance equity and budgeting in your community.
- Member Price: $85.00
- Non-member Price: $160.00