May 19, 2023Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Boulevard
- Field of Study: Management Services
- Credits: 4.00
- Prerequisite: None
- Status: This event has availability.
Time: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm PT
GFOA recommends that governments perform ongoing cash forecasting to ensure that they have sufficient cash liquidity to meet disbursement requirements and limit idle cash. However, GFOA research indicates that many governments fail to meet the standards outlined in this best practice. All governments should develop a strategy for conducting cash flow forecasting to: assessyour government’s ability to meet its financial needs and prevent any occurrence of short term borrowing or having to tap into reserve funds. Additionally, cash flow forecasting can be utilized to limit idle cash balances and assist with an entity’s investment strategies. This session will provide an overview of cash flow forecasting, discuss how to conduct both simple and complex cash flow analysis, and outline the tools available to help governments with this important task.
- Member Price: $195.00
- Non-member Price: $260.00
- Those completing this seminar should be able to:
- Understand the fundamental elements of a cash flow analysis
- Evaluate tools available to track an entity’s inflows and outflows
- Learn how to develop cash forecast reports for various purposes, including investing
- Become aware of useful software and business intelligence tools for cash forecasting used in the public sector