- Government Practicing public finance professional from a government unit. Each government unit is automatically assigned a specific number of active members based upon size, which is included in the base membership fee.
- Additional: Practicing public finance professional from a government unit above those included in the base membership fee.
- Associate: Individuals interested in public finance but practicing in the private sector. Includes accounting and law firms, investment banks, financial institutions, and consulting firms.
- Educational: Full-time unemployed students, or full-time educators from a college or university.
- Retired: Retired former active members (government employee). If your government is already a member of the GFOA, arrange to become an ADDITIONAL member and you will be eligible for full benefits at a reduced rate.