Interested in Giving Back to Your Profession?
Your peers need your valuable insight! GFOA is seeking volunteers to help provide high quality, practical training of its Accounting and Financial Reporting course offerings.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in reviewing the teaching materials and exercises, and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Teach one or more webinars or live classes, beginning in GFOA’s 2023-24 fiscal year.
- Encourage active student participation through discussion and exercises.
Training course types:
- Webinar – Normally scheduled for a one- or two-hour period, GFOA webinars focus on a single or a few related topics. Instructors present using their computer and phone connection; typically on the Zoom platform. Participants view the instruction live from their computers. Webinars are generally led by one – or at most two – instructors.
- Live training – Scheduled for one day up to four days, instructors present and team teach in a classroom-style setting. Live training classes are generally taught by two or three instructors.
GFOA will reimburse reasonable costs for travel, lodging, and meals associated with live training, where applicable. Webinars are taught remotely.
For more information, please contact Peg Hartnett, Assistant Director for Training, Technical Services Center.