About the Position:
The Finance Director is responsible for the management and oversight of all City finance activities and functions, including but not limited to: financial planning, cash flow management, accounting and internal controls, audit, payroll, budget development, debt and treasury management, grant and sales tax administration.
The Finance Director reports to the City Manager and collaborates with Department Directors, City Council, and other key stakeholders to implement the City's fiscal strategy. The Finance Director provides leadership that exemplifies the City’s commitments to the protection of public funds, ethical decision making, excellent internal and external customer service, innovation, and continuous improvement and learning – not only for the department, but for the City overall.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional with a substantial record of financial management work, including budget development and analysis, financial forecasting, capital planning, budget monitoring, accounting, debt management, and financial systems.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- An experienced leader with the ability to ensure the continued success of the Finance Department.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the use of data driven methods and financial strategies to best navigate complex, changing landscapes.
- Significant technical expertise including substantial budget acumen and accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Impressive interpersonal and communication skills, including presenting information to executive leadership and the City Council for decision-making.
- A team-player who has the strength of character and depth of knowledge to inspire and lead the Finance Department’s talented, dedicated staff.
What We Offer:
We know that a healthy and happy workforce is a thriving workforce, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports quality work-life balance including 32 days of paid annual leave to be used for holiday, personal, and/or sick days, health insurance options, employer-matched retirement, a City employee health clinic, wellness program, and an Employee Assistance Program. Of equal importance, we offer an opportunity to serve the community you love and live in. Our employees find their work rewarding and fulfilling, knowing that their day job makes a positive impact.