Director of Finance
The City of Webster seeks an experienced and effective Director of Finance. If you value a transparent, positive work environment and a collaborative, high-performing team culture, Webster could be the ideal place for you to thrive. The new Director will enjoy a professional team and a fiscally responsible, transparent budget of approximately $47 million across funds and grants.
The Director of Finance plans, organizes, and directs operations and activities of the Finance, Municipal Court, and Information Technology Departments. The Director of Finance leads a team of 13 employees, including an Assistant Director, a Senior Accountant, a Court Administrator, and an IT Manager. The Director of Finance plans, organizes, and directs operations and activities of the Finance, Municipal Court, and Information Technology Departments. The Director of Finance leads a team of 13 employees, including an Assistant Director, a Senior Accountant, a Court Administrator, and an IT Manager.
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience with:
- Finance and accounting principles, practices, and methods applicable to municipal finance, financial reporting requirements, payroll administration, financial planning, and municipal finance operations,
- Principles of public administration, budgetary practices, and utility rate setting,
- Federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and policies applicable to governmental and public services,
- Modern principles, practices, methods, and techniques in evaluating programs of a City,
- Effectively communicating and presenting complex principles and facts,
- Best practices, benchmarking, process improvement, and strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
- At least five years of progressively responsible accounting/finance experience in a management role within a municipality or governmental organization
- Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO), Certified Government Finance Manager (CGFM), or CPA preferred
- Ability to obtain a Surety Bond
- Experience with Incode or similar governmental financial software
Ability to lead an organization, and prioritize, organize, and evaluate workflow. Ability to train and develop team members. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with team members, department heads, and elected and appointed officials.
Salary and Benefits Include:
- Salary range of $115,157 minimum to $193,416 maximum, commensurate with experience.
- Medical Insurance, with approximately 90% of the cost paid by the City for employees and a significant contribution to dependent coverage.
- Free dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage for employees.
- Retirement plans, including a 7% contribution and 2:1 match in the Texas Municipal Retirement System, plus optional 457 and Roth IRA plans.
- Tuition Assistance and training opportunities to support your educational goals.
- Professional Certification Pay to encourage your development.
Why the City of Webster is an Ideal Place to Work and Build Your Career:
The City of Webster is committed to integrity, trust, and transparency. We achieve success through cooperation and continuous development. City of Webster’s leaders maintain high organizational standards to facilitate financial stability and long-term organizational sustainability.
Located midway between downtown Houston and Galveston, Webster is just minutes from Space Center Houston and Galveston beaches. Webster is home to about 12,499 residents, and attracts over 250,000 visitors to work, shop, and play.
Please apply online at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/webstercity/jobs.
Offers of employment are conditional. Applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check, drug test, and physical examination. THE CITY OF WEBSTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER