PURPOSE: Performs a variety of moderate to complex work involving the application of bookkeeping and accounting principles to various financial and record keeping tasks. These applications may involve areas such as invoicing/accounts receivable, grant accounting, and general ledger maintenance. Provides support to all other functions of the business office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements internal auditing systems to ensure accurate tracking of financial information.
- Designs, develops, and maintains accounting systems for district revenues and expenditures, investments, and establishment of a fee structure to recover costs of programs in accordance with governmental accounting standards and district policy.
- Effectively work with and respond to people from diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- In accordance with professional standards, policy, and law, prepares financial statements, as well as reports of service efforts and accomplishments, for public inspection and review.
- Assist with annual budget preparation; together with monitoring and forecasting of district revenues and expenditures, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide effective training and assistance with business operations to individuals and groups to achieve Business Services and district goals.
- Serves as lead worker to other classified staff, as assigned, in a manner that promotes team development and effective work.
- Provides other related services as assigned.
- Manages business office software systems and provides training to district staff, as directed by the Business Services Manager.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform duties in a courteous and efficient manner that builds the confidence of staff, students, and the public in the Corvallis School District and enhances learning.
- Observe laws, district policies and procedures, and professional standards for the position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school personnel, parents, students and the public; work collaboratively as a team member.
- Maintain regular attendance at work and work activities and is punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings, and following schedule.
- Carry out work responsibilities with strong organizational skills effectively under pressure of deadlines, difficult situations, interruptions, and new or emergency conditions.
- Respect confidential information and the privacy of students, staff, and parents.
- Develop job skills necessary to meet changes in the position.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene appropriate to the position as defined by the district.
- Meet applicable district physical ability/health and safety guidelines for the position.
- Knowledge equivalent to bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent accounting experience. Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles with continuing education to maintain skills.
- Equivalent of two years experience in similar accounting duties, preferably in a governmental entity.
- Ability to use established accounting principles with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with complex computerized financial systems.
- Mastery of office equipment and technology.
- Ability to design, modify, and use spreadsheets, databases, and word processing programs.
- Strong organizational skills working in a high volume function
- Ability to understand and explain the district’s instructional goals and carry out work assignments in a manner that supports those goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple, simultaneous tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to analyze and prepare federal, state, and local financial reports.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and implement complex regulations governing financial operations.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and carry out work assignments.
- Ability to travel among district facilities as needed; if driving, the ability to meet district driving standards for the position.