Accounting and Reporting Manager
Pinal County Finance Department
Wage/Salary: $71,604 - $114, 566
Date Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020
Date Closing: Thursday, August 13, 2020
URL for this job:
Manage various operational areas and staff within accounting which include payroll, fixed assets, revenue, investments, general ledger, and financial reporting.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES CONSIST OF:
- Management of accounting operations to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Federal and State regulations, funding agency standards, and county policies and control practices.
- Preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, Expenditure Limitation Report, and Schedule of Expenditure of Federal Awards including compilation, review, analysis and update of schedules and supporting documentation.
- Assisting auditors as required for the preparation of financial analyses and reports.
- Oversight of the reconciliation of technical and financial transactions, the review and investigation of financial and accounting records, the assurance of fund integrity, and the resolution of issues according to policies.
- Supporting the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Training, developing and mentoring accounting team.
- Remaining abreast of governmental accounting changes through publications, pronouncements and rules; presenting findings, analysis, and recommendations to the Finance Director.
- Identifying business process improvements and implementing value added changes.
- Representing the Finance Director and Pinal County in various meetings and coordinate activities with other departments, outside agencies, and related organizations.
- Regular review and revision of internal controls, financial policies and procedures.