General Statement of Job
Performs professional accounting work in the preparation of financial reports, budgets, and related analyses. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of subordinate employees in recording accounting transactions to general ledger, general ledger account creation and maintenance, grants management, fixed assets recording and reconciliation, maintaining and reconciling journals, ledgers, and other records including bank reconciliations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison to auditors/responds to requests and questions/prepare schedules and work papers.
- Assists in preparing department operating and capital budgets.
- Assists in the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Acts as liaison to City Departments in problem solving.
- Lien Payoffs/adjust-write off accounts/analyze misapplied payments/issues refunds, reverses payments.
- Maintains General Ledger/reviews-updates transactions from various software applications.
- Manages and processes the closing of accounting periods.
- Modify/develops and implements new technology driven solutions.
- Prepares journal entries/budget transfers/adjustments, etc.
- Provides assistance, support, training and direction to internal and external customers.
- Research charge backs-adjustments/disputes/NSF/inquires.
- Reviews and approves check requests/journal entries/purchase requisitions/purchase orders, etc.
- Review-manages department budget/obtains quotes and purchase product and services.
- Performs supervisory duties (oversees operations, instructing, assigning, reviewing work of others, promotions, etc) for direct reports responsible for cash receipting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger accounting, and fixed assets.
Minimum Education and Training
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration supplemented by three (3) years of governmental accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess and maintain a valid state of Florida driver’s license.