Under general supervision of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, provides direction, leadership and oversight of the management, control, and reporting of multiple accounting functions, fund and sub-system accounting, and the investment portfolio for the County. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Six years’ experience in accounting, finance or payroll or any combination of these areas.
- Three years’ supervisory experience across all years of job related experience.
- Successful completion of the County’s Need to Know training within one year of employment.
- Public Sector Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Participation in GFOA's Excellence Award Programs for Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR)
- Payroll Accounting and Reporting Experience