Accounting Services Coordinator
Waukesha County Department of Health and Human Services
Wage/Salary: $43.02 - $61.96
Date Posted: Monday, November 8, 2021
Date Closing: Friday, December 3, 2021
URL for this job:
- Develops and prepares a detailed department budget including projections of expenditures and revenues; analysis of alternative funding sources; analysis of program and operating costs; development of fee schedules and service rates; and preparation and presentation of detailed justifications.
- Directs the collection, tabulation, and analysis of detailed financial and statistical data for the preparation of complex fiscal reports.
- Develops, implements, and maintains department financial policies, procedures, and activities covering receipts, disbursements, cash management, checking and investment accounts, journal entries, fund transfers, internal control, and manages departmental accounts receivable collections.
- Coordinates the state and county audits and confers with outside auditors on technical accounting and single audit issues.
- Supervises the preparation of detailed and complex financial accounting and statistical reports including those used to claim state or federal reimbursements.
- Coordinates and maintains sophisticated computerized accounting systems including design, implementation, maintenance, and enhancements to the systems.
- Analyzes new accounting regulations as promulgated by recognized accounting boards and, with approval, implements changes to the accounting system which are necessary for compliance.
- .Supervises, selects, assigns, and evaluates employees and handles any personnel issues of the staff.
- .Administers the provisions of financial accounting functions including developing and initiating policies and procedures, coordinating work flow and monitoring production, quality, and quantity of output.
- Administers grants including preparation of detailed applications and financial and statistical reports.
- Monitors the execution of the operating budget, analyzes variances from projected expenditures and revenues, and recommends corrective action to be taken, including the preparation of department ordinances and fund transfers.
- Assists in the development and implementation of departmental and inter departmental accounting reporting procedures, accounting formats, and consults with Information Systems personnel regarding necessary revisions to operating systems.
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with general public, agency administrators, federal, state, and local officials, and staff.
- Ensures that the services and information produced by the department are accurate, timely, and complete, as well as meet the needs and requirements on a Countywide or major department basis and other agencies.
- Performs emergency government duties as assigned in event of Waukesha County Emergency Government declaration.
- Performs other duties as required.