The Accounting Supervisor oversees accounting activities, including accounts receivable and cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements, and month-end accounting close activities. The role maintains the general ledger, prepares for the year-end audit, and prepares for timely and accurate financial reporting. The successful candidate will work closely with team members from all divisions of the Office of Clerk and Recorder and will assist the Chief Deputy and Clerk with special projects. Additionally, the Accounting Supervisor of the Clerk and Recorder's Accounting staff is responsible for managing revenue, expenditures, and capital assets for the divisions of the Office of Clerk and Recorder.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting/business
- A minimum of three years of experience as a general accountant or government auditor
- Federal, state, county, or municipal work experience a plus
- Supervisory experience preferred
- A combination of education and experience may be considered