City of Calabasas Finance Departmernt
Wage/Salary: $ 90,875 to $ 113,491 annual
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Date Closing: Thursday, September 30, 2021
URL for this job:
The following tasks are essential for this position. Incumbents in this classification may not perform all of these tasks, or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
- Supervises, trains and reviews the work of five staff responsible for the department’s processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, contracts and general ledger processing.
- Conducts complex financial analyses that assist in the development of operational and capital budgets, overhead rates, and headcount studies
- Prepares summary level and detailed financial performance reports, ensuring the accuracy of the data presented.
- Interfaces with auditors and provides information needed for the timely completion of annual audits and financial reports.
- Ensures that proper and generally accepted accounting practices are being followed.
- Performs analyses of potential funding sources, evaluates and estimates potential revenue streams and impacts on City operations.
- Ensures that billings are accurate and prepared in a timely fashion.
- Maintains crucial information in the accounting software system such as account, department, and project numbers.
- Performs complex or technical analyses and coordinates City review and action on new debt issuances and the refinancing of existing debt.
- Analyzes the City’s daily cash position and cash flow requirements.
- Reviews the City’s investment strategies.
- Provides assistance in the development of budgets and monitors performance relative to those budgets. Makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Reviews City Council agenda items with a financial impact for funding and coding purposes. Determines whether sufficient budget and fund balances exist to support budget changes.
- Responds to questions from City staff regarding budgets, contracts, encumbrances, and expenditures.
- Reviews all comprehensive annual financial reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs special analyses as directed.
- Performs related duties as required.