Accounting Technician IV - Financial Analyst
City of Homer Fiance Department
Wage/Salary: $25.06 - $27.58 DOE
Date Posted: Monday, October 4, 2021
Date Closing: Thursday, November 4, 2021
URL for this job:
Processes and maintains accounting records and transactions relative to Accounts Payable, records and reconciles project/grant accounting records, assists with the budget and audit process.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR ACTIVITIES
- Processes accounts payable vouchers for payment, checks invoices for accuracy, ensures that proper documentation (order, invoice and acknowledgement of receipt) and authorization for payment has been obtained.
- Assembles, processes and balances accounts payable data. Ensures that all accounts payable are processed in accordance with the procurement manual.
- Prepares and prints accounts payable checks (position does not have signature authority).
- Completes new vendor forms and forwards to General Ledger Accountant for approval. Enters approved new vendors in system. Acts as contact with vendors in regards to accounts payable. Ensures that required data is received by vendors to prepare 1099 forms annually.
- Serves as City’s primary Procurement Officer. Reviews purchase orders and encumbrances to insure procurement procedures are followed.
- Maintains fixed asset files on spreadsheets and accounting software as needed.
- Creates and maintains excel spreadsheets for audit and various reports as requested by the Finance Director or Controller.
- Reviews and processes approved contractor and vendor invoices and pay requests from Project Managers for accuracy and budget compliance for all projects with grant and loan funds. Verifies grant or loan expenses are eligible per state and/or federal regulations. Works directly with other Department staff or project inspectors.
- Prepares and submits financial reports for grant and loan reimbursements on a monthly, quarterly, annual or as needed basis for various projects. Copies invoices, timesheets and general ledger detail as needed. Prepares excel spreadsheets as needed for various projects.
- Maintains, records and reconciles revenues and expenditures for capital projects with grant and loan funds and reserves. Prepares journal entries for projects.
- Prepares timely financial reporting to City Council and Administration. Presentations to Council may be required.
- Prepares extensive audit work papers including confirmation letters and schedules for outside auditors.
- Provides assistance to other departments regarding grant information, and other information as requested.
- Provide back-up assistance to Accounting Technician I during breaks and lunch, as needed.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, as directed.
- Maintains city vehicle registration files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.