The City of Norcross is looking for a full-time Administrative Services Accounting Supervisor. The purpose of this position is to manage the payroll, accounts payables, and assist with accounts receivable functions for the city. In this role, the incumbent performs routine and complex accounting assignments. The incumbent also supervises staff in the absences of the Director & Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to resolving procedural and operational problems by analyzing the problem and taking appropriate action; performing mathematical calculations, statistical computations, and financial analysis to support assigned functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with external vendors and City department staff to resolve problems or discrepancies, with a focus on customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Collaborates closely with Human Resources to proactively address and resolve employees’ payroll concerns.
- Examines, interprets, and verifies a wide variety of financial documents and reports; utilizing various sections of the City’s accounting system in preparing monthly financial reports and statements related to accounting, payroll, fixed asset activity, and payables.
- Develops office policies and procedures, and short-and long-term objectives.
- Conducts research and analyzes data to resolve accounts, and payroll problems, create new operating procedures, and propose changes.
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Supervises staff within the Administrative Services Department.
- Assist with managing multiple projects & grants.
- Assist in the preparation of a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and budget presentation documents.
- Assists in preparing for the year-end financial audit and other financial duties as needed.
- Manages the Accounts Payables function within the Administrative Services Department, which includes:
o maintaining City policies and procedures for invoice processing, travel reimbursement, petty cash maintenance, procurement, and document management.
o preparing journal entries to make necessary corrections or adjustments;
o developing reports to recap AP statistics such as volume, error activity, and lost discounts;
o researching invoices for audits.
o researching inconsistencies found, and processing journal vouchers to make necessary corrections and adjustments;
o overseeing the annual 1099 federal tax form filing (including corrections).
- Manages the Payroll function within the Administrative Services Department, which includes:
o processing payroll for the City of Norcross based upon pre-established schedules.
o reconciling payroll accounting information after payroll runs;
o managing payroll receivables and corresponding journal vouchers;
o processing payroll journal entries and historical edits;
o preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax filings;
o prepare W2 filings at year-end.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of five years of full-time professional employment in accounting, auditing, budgeting, payroll, or closely related financial activity.