Under general direction of the Finance Director, performs comprehensive management responsibilities to carry out Board of Supervisors policies and procedures for County financial operations and other delegated areas of responsibility and supervises Auditor staff. Work involves formulating, coordinating, and directing all aspects of County financial planning and administration including development of comprehensive short- and long-range budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance,
- Economics or a related field. A current CPA license is highly desirable.
- Six (6) years of increasingly responsible experience performing management, budget, finance, and accounting work including two (2) years of supervisory experience over a financial or administrative office.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for Public Sector and Governmental Accounting Standard Board budget administration. Public Sector experience preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Administrative Leave: 40 hours per year at 0-5 years of service
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan for New Members
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary deferred compensation program offered.
Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Eligible applicants are REQUIRED to complete an Alpine County application form. Resumes may not be substituted for the official county application but may be attached to a completed application. A County application can be submitted from our website at www. alpinecountyca.gov. Qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview after review of the applications. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background and reference check.
Applications received each week will be reviewed the following Monday beginning with Monday, March 29, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. Fax and postmarks will not be accepted. Applications are to be filed at:
Alpine County Administration
P.O. Box 387
Markleeville, CA 96120
Alpine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, sex or age.