The Assistant Director of Finance - Controller, under the guidance of the Finance Director, is responsible for all City accounting records, City annual financial report, reports associated with all accounting records, accounting systems and procedures, grant accounting, monitoring, and compliance, and internal audit functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ of progressively responsible professional government accounting experience with a strong emphasis in general fund, enterprise fund and internal service fund governmental accounting required
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory and management experience in accounting, construction accounting or auditing required
- Graduate work or advanced degree in or working towards MPA/MBA or CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) rules preferred
- Thorough knowledge of internal auditing practices preferred