The City and County of Broomfield is a great place to work, live, and thrive. The Finance Department is seeking two (2) dynamic teammates to fill the newly created Assistant Director positions. The Assistant Directors will coordinate all aspects of the organization's financial activities under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer.
The ideal candidates will be organized, analytical individuals, with a passion for results. Knowledge of and experience in areas of governmental accounting, budgeting, grant management, treasury, risk management and procurement are preferable, but demonstrated initiative, ability to learn, strong attention to detail, and willingness to continue to undertake greater challenges are a requirement. The ability to work independently as well as being part of the team is essential. The City and County values a culture of supporting one another, finding solutions, and earning professional respect through successful change management.
These full-time positions are typically scheduled 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday with additional evening and weekend hours as required. Positions include excellent benefits; please see the Benefits tab for details. The City and County of Broomfield values and strives for a diverse employee population to represent the citizens served.
These positions require considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of local government fiscal administration, including accounting and budgeting, grants, financing of public debt in a public sector environment, public management and administration, and personnel planning and administration.
Key attributes and abilities desired for these new positions:
- Serves as co-leaders for the department committing to process improvement, creativity, service excellence, and transforming local government through ideas and practices.
- Performs professional, managerial, and leadership duties relating to the planning, directing, organizing, implementing, and coordinating all programs and activities of assigned divisions in the Finance Department.
- Works in partnership with internal and external customers to deliver effective services by seeking ways to integrate programs or services provided by other departments, divisions, as well as other federal, state, and local government entities.
- Plan, organize, manage and coordinate the work of staff engaged in preparing and maintaining financial records and reports.
- Analyze and make sound recommendations on complex accounting and financial issues, data and operations.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply federal, state and local policy, law, regulations and court decisions regulating Broomfield's financial accounting, reporting and record keeping.
- Develop and implement sound financial and accounting procedures and controls.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Define issues, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and develop sound, independent conclusions and recommendations in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies.
- Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, studies and other written materials.
- Exercise sound, expert independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and complex issues and situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the City Manager, Mayor and Council Members, department heads and managers, staff, representatives of other agencies, the public and others encountered in the course of work as needed.