Under general supervision and direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Budget and Performance Manager directs the preparation and administration of Annual Operating and Long-term Capital Improvement Program budgets, the performance management system, and the long range fiscal planning. Integrates County Council’s Strategic Leadership Plan into performance reporting. Initiates, conducts, and implements administrative studies and surveys to provide a basis for management control and decision-making. Supervises professional budget analyst staff. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the County’s budget and performance software systems.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Six years’ experience in accounting, budget, and performance management.
- Two years’ management and supervisory experience across all years of job related experience.
- Successful completion of the County’s Need to Know training within one year of employment.
- Public sector budget experience.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Participation in the Government Finance Officers Association Award Programs for Budget/PAFR
Intermediate/Advanced Excel Skills