The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of Budget and Revenue Manager (Non-Classified*) to fill one (1) vacancy in the Finance Department. Under general direction, the Budget and Revenue Manager (NC) manages development of the City's budget and capital improvement program; monitors and reports on expenditures and revenues citywide; develops long-term financial plans; leads and coordinates the City's cost allocation model; leads and coordinates the Master Fees and Changes Resolution process; manages citywide position control; manages citywide financial analysis and related special projects; and performs related work as required.
*Positions designated as Non-Classified are exempt from the classified service. The Incumbent shall be appointed "at-will" and serve at the pleasure of the City Manager.
The above listed maximum salary includes the merit range for this position. Merit range pay is at the discretion of the City Manager and the incumbent must obtain a documented outstanding performance evaluation.
The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the City's budget preparation, and monitoring process; coordinate the preparation of each department's budget submittal, including target setting and error checking; provide proper documentation supporting each department's submittal and make necessary adjustments.
- Supervise the preparation of the draft and final Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Program documents for review and adoption by the City Council and for publication.
- Participate as a member of the financing team for the issuance of new debt.
- In the absence of the Assistant Chief Financial Officer, provide managerial oversight to the Business Tax staff.
- Supervise the preparation and update of the City's Cost Allocation Plan.
- Supervise the preparation and updates to the Fees and Charges Study.
- Supervise a well-coordinated, revenue and expenditure forecast teams.
- Prepare a variety of recurring and one-time City Council reports and make related presentations to the City Council as required.
- Prepare the City's quarterly financial reports to the City Council including the monthly budget and debt analyses.
- Prepare and coordinate recommended budget changes based on quarterly financial reports to the City Council based on the City's financial performance.
- Manage the City's position control.
- Review all City Council and Committee reports for fiscal impact and entity-wide financial impacts.
- Supervise citywide financial projects.
- Participate as a member of financial systems team for upgrades, new system evaluation, etc.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or a closely related field. A Master's degree in public administration, business, finance, accounting, or economics is highly desirable.
- At least five years of professional experience in government budget development and/or debt administration, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity. Experience working in a large government organization with a sizable and complex budget and debt portfolio or as a finance or debt consultant is highly desirable.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with priority based budgeting, program based budgeting, or similar budget methodology.
- Ability to communicate complex financial data to a non-financial audience through the integration of graphics in financial publications, e.g. supplementing financial data with innovative charts, graphs, and infographics.