This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the College's Five-Year Plan and annual budget development and administration; developing and implementing processes to improve the efficiency of the development and administration of the Five-Year Plan and budget; developing and implementing processes to account for the proper control of expenditures, management of the position control system.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct the College's budget development process, develop and implement procedures, timelines and form related to budget preparation; develop monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis and advise the Chief Financial Officer of any budget issues and concerns.
- Provide direction and technical assistance to management, administrators, faculty and classified staff regarding budget issues; develop solutions and make recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Approve staffing/payroll budget and monitor it using internally developed position control system maintained by Budget Manager and Human Resources..
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual reports and analyze significant variances.
- Submit annual Budget to Government Finance Officers Association for consideration of the GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver training classes to College staff for budget preparation. Maintain and provide budget development procedures, instructions, and forms as needed to College staff. Assist College staff with resolving budget development-related questions and issues; meets with various College departments regarding budgetary issues and initiates budget transfers to maintain line item integrity.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in budget planning and government fund accounting required, as well as strong technical subject matter expertise coupled with a commitment to ensure the financial integrity of the College. Knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/7e2EBlhPzbWPc8lKF6m4m