The City of Monrovia is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as our Budget / Finance Administrator. We’re looking for a special individual – someone who naturally embraces a commitment to enhancing our existing team-based work environment, someone who likes immense challenge, and someone who is inspired by the opportunity to serve people and make things better. Strong problem-solving skills are essential. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate excellent customer service, and the ability to communicate across wide-ranging audiences. The Budget / Finance Administrator reports to the Administrative Services Director.
In Monrovia, we believe that the way in which projects are accomplished is just as important as the end result. An individual who is committed to serving with humility and who can demonstrate high emotional intelligence will be successful in the role. Competitive candidates will have a hunger to continually search for better ways of doing things and be loyal to the organization and community. The selected individual will be a smart, creative, intuitive thinker and decision maker.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities and projects, but not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate the preparation and administration of the annual citywide operating budget, capital improvement budget, and the mid-year budget with guidance from the Administrative Services Director.
- Oversee the administration and distribution of monthly budget performance reports, and provide instructions for budget input and preparation, direct and implement modifications to the budget, and assist in preparing for long-range financial plans.
- Serve as the first point of contact for department budget inquiries and provide analytical support for recommendations made to management.
- Assist with the completion of the City’s audit(s) and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Lead and oversee financial subsystem in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, development, and control of the City’s accounting systems, and preparation of financial reports and statements.
- Analyze procedures recommending improved methods to improve process deficiencies.
- Supervise, train, motivate and evaluate staff.