This is a professional, administrative position. The incumbent performs complex tasks in assisting with the planning and development of the County’s annual budget.
Organization: The Budget/Management Analyst position is part of Hanover County’s Career Development Program (CD). The Budget/Management Analyst Ladder has four levels ranging from Budget/Management Analyst I to Budget/Management Analyst - Sr. The Budget/Management Analyst reports to the either the Budget Division Director or the Director.
- Serves as primary contact for assigned departments during budget process.
- Analyzes and secures justification for departmental expenditure and revenue budget requests.
- Prepares the budget document for assigned departments/functions and presents information to Director.
- Works with departments on financial issues including budget transfers and justifications.
- Reconciles accounts and researches expenditures.
- Prepares a variety of reports/analyses including the establishment of proffers, CIP allocations, comparative costs reports, staffing comparisons, revenue trends and others as assigned.
- Works with departments to understand departmental programs and operational issues.
- Performs related work as assigned.
A. Hazards None Known
B. Environment Office
C. Physical Effort Minimal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting and budgeting, preferred. Ability to work independently and to meet multiple deadlines, required. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships and to meet deadlines, required. Excellent oral and written communication skills, required. Computer literacy including working knowledge of spreadsheets, required.
Education, Experience and Training: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, public administration or related field required with related experience preferred – OR – Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. Higher levels on the Career Ladder require additional education and experience.
- Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
- Twelve-month probationary period
- CPS (Child Protective Services) Check – DSS, CSB, Community Resources and Court Services only
- Mandatory Participant in the Citizen Emergency Response On-call Plan (DSS ONLY)
- Work beyond normal work schedule
To be considered for this position, you must include an Excel spreadsheet work sample that best conveys your level of proficiency.