POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
LAST UPDATE: August 27, 2021
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
The Chief Financial Officer directs and controls the overall financial management and operations of CTRMA; and oversees the purchasing functions.
- In collaboration with the General Engineering Contractor (GEC), Toll Integration contractor, TxDOT and others, establishes accounting and software systems to reconcile, audit and appropriately transfer/credit toll revenues to CTRMA.
- Works with various funding sources (underwriters, financial advisors, rating agencies, insurers, Williamson and Travis counties, etc.) to secure necessary funding for CTRMA’s strategic transportation construction plan and its operations.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors; City, State, Federal and County officials; and others to ensure that the financial plan, needs and performance of CTRMA are effectively communicated.
- Approves and prepares requests for contractor payments according to bond covenants; collaborates with Engineering to monitor contractors’ performance against contract provisions; works closely with contractors and internal/external legal counsel and Engineering to resolve conflicts and issues, as necessary.
- Prepares regular budget and forecasting analyses; works closely with the Executive Director to monitor organizational financial performance.
- Effectively manages month-end close process and submits monthly financial operating reports in a timely manner to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Effectively manages General Ledger, Accounts Receivable (toll, grant, and bond revenues, etc.) Accounts Payable, Payroll, Purchasing/Procurement, financial analysis and financial reporting.
- Provides budget information to department heads; assists them in financial management/operations of their respective departments.
- Implements effective accounting procedures and controls; regularly evaluates and improves procedures and controls as necessary to maximize the efficiency of the accounting function.
- Ensures the integrity of all CTRMA’s financial information and supporting documents.
- Manages annual internal/external audit; reports on results to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Effectively manages finance staff and contractors; ensures that staff members perform, at a minimum, at the “meets expectations” level; ensures that staff members receive ongoing and regular performance feedback.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10-15 years of experience in a variety of Accounting/Finance role(s).
- A minimum of 5 years successful experience in managing the overall financial operations of a company/agency/entity.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a financial management/leadership role in a State agency or other governmental organization is preferred.
- Knowledge of current accounting and auditing rules and standards.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent strategic management and project management skills.
- Skills in collaborating with internal and external resources.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Certified Public Accountant designation (CPA) is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Uses personal computer approximately 4-5 hours per day.
- Uses telephone and email to communicate with consultants, contractors, co-workers and others, approximately 5-6 hours per day.
- Sits approximately 6-8 hours per day.
- Visits construction sites occasionally; moves about various construction sites to review projects.
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the position may be required or requested to perform for the CTRMA other work duties not specifically listed herein.
Management reserves the right to modify, defer or rescind this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.