The Chief Financial Officer, reporting directly to the City Manager, has the responsibility of administering and directing the City’s financial management, overseeing the annual budget preparation and five-year capital improvement plan, internal audit, treasury and debt management, procurement services, utility billing services, grant management and reporting, business planning and feasibility analysis, project management, and strategic planning.
Education (Degree/ Certification Requirements)
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
- The successful candidate must hold a Florida Certified Public Accounting License. Designation as a Certified Government Finance Officer or Certified Public Finance Manager is highly desired.
- Education must be supplemented by ten years of progressively responsible executive level experience in financial management with direct experience in a governmental or similar public entity.
- Experience must include leading Finance/Accounting multi-units/divisions of fifteen or more people with the responsibility for the development and growth of multiple individuals, assisting the City with its succession planning efforts.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform in this position will be listed.