Community Unit School District 300
Wage/Salary: $82,040 - $89,677
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Date Closing: Friday, June 23, 2023
URL for this job:
The Financial Analyst will assist the CSBO with activities to support the planning and stewardship of the financial resources of Community Unit School District 300. Specifically supporting the strategic financial planning, directing the District’s $366 million annual budget to its highest priorities, financial reporting and analysis, and overall decision support.
Full-Time; 12 month position
Salary: $82,040 - $89,677 (Grade 17), with benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required.
- Interest in the Chief School Business Official (CSBO) Program is a plus.
- Professional experience in a central office setting is a plus.
- Experience in financial modeling and database management is a plus.
- A combination of a strong background with computer application systems and financial analytical skills.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in a public government setting.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with the skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- Ability to work as a team or independently.
- Appreciation for organizational subtleties and a high level of discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent business systems and organizational skills.
- Customer service-oriented support and focus.
Essential Job Duties
- Conduct in-depth financial modeling analyses intended to support decision-making by the District.
- Assist in building and maintaining financial databases for the annual budget process and monthly and quarterly financial reporting. This includes creating and maintaining a data governance process that ensures financial data reliability and accuracy.
- Assist with the development of financial plans and incremental cost/benefit analysis; as a key component of the budgeting process, assist with the implementation of systems that report on key financial ratios, metrics, and benchmarking criteria; together with the CSBO, prepare and periodically update long range financial projections.
- Assist in building and maintaining financial models with the use of advanced MS Excel formulas and within the District’s budget & modeling application(s)..
- Extract data from various business application systems, and provide detailed analysis of the data at the District, building, and department levels and interpret the data.
- Assist with developing the annual budget and quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Present information to the administration in a manner easily understood.
- Support the CSBO operationally and with other projects as needed.
- Perform at the highest professional level of all other duties as may be assigned by the CSBO.
- Other duties as assigned
- The following duties are typical for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.