Under minimal supervision, plans, organizes, directs and reviews the functions of accounting for all district funds, treasury, external audits, and a wide variety of related financial and reporting functions.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Monitors debt tracking of long-term bonds and assists in updating debt schedule. Keeps abreast of all current information associated with arbitrage. Monitors investment income earned from bond proceeds and debt service funds
- Accounts for the district’s income and expenses to meet the requirements established by generally accepted accounting principles as established by the AICPA, and GASB.
- Conducts timely analysis and reporting of cash flows and investments; Monitors daily cash and investment position. Controls cash balances on deposits to ensure maximization of investment earnings.
- Manages the banking process to ensure transactions are executed appropriately and such transactions are recorded accurately on the general ledger Cash Forecasting.
- Prepares annual cash forecast for all funds based on Board adopted budget. Monitors accuracy of annual projections on a monthly basis. Monitors interfund/intrafund transactions.
- Prepares schedules requested by external auditors. Assists with preparation of Annual Financial Reports. Assists with preparation of District Board Documents and Budget Documents as deemed appropriate.
- Ensures accurate recording of taxes on the General Ledger. Monitors property tax receipts against budget and assists with revenue forecasting.
- Reviews District’s collateral monthly to ensure all funds on deposit are properly collateralized Investments: Monitors short-term investments.
- Practices a collaborative decision-making style with the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with key members of finance and the executive team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related area is required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive managerial/administrative level experience in Accounting and/or Finance required.
- Experience in governmental/school district accounting and auditing is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, or Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) required.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- (1) Select a job posting via the PATS website @ pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to Human Resources.