Cost Accounting Manager
Cost Accounting Manager
Racine County Public Works & Development Services
Wage/Salary: $63,926 - $77,392 (hiring range)
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Date Closing: Friday, June 2, 2023
URL for this job:
Racine County is seeking a Cost Accounting Manager to join our Public Works & Development Services and Finance Department team. This position manages, supervises, and coordinates all financial operations of the Public Works & Development Services department and is a key manager in the Finance Department operations.
- Manage and maintain the general ledger financial management systems of the Public Works and Development Services in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Report related grants for the single audit and prepare documents for the annual financial audit to ensure the outside auditing firm receives information timely and accurately.
- Submit required reports to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Ensure that payroll and accounts payable activities are in compliance with the Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with regulations, municipal codes, county ordinances, GAAP, and GASB.
- Develop capital and operational annual budgets for Public Works and Development Services.
- Set financial goals for departments and work with managers to ensure those goals are met.
- Monitor cost and revenues while tracking budgets to advise management of financial position throughout the year.
- Work with highway management to strategically plan work while staying with in the confines of Wisconsin Department of Transportation Routine Maintenance Agreement.
- Maintain financial records for capital assets.
- Supervises: 1 accounting technician, 1 project accountant, and 1 financial specialist
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field plus five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible accounting, budgeting, or finance experience including supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of government accounting.
- Advanced computer skills required (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- *Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Exceptional judgment and ability to function and multi-task under time constraints.
- Strong quantitative (accounting, finance and/or economics), communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with elected officials, other employees, and the general public.