Purpose of Classification:
The purpose of this classification is to plan, organize, and direct the finance and administration for the DeKalb County Department of Watershed Management.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Manages assigned staff; establishes workloads; prioritizes work assignments; evaluates employee performance; makes hiring decisions; resolves employee issues; and administers disciplinary actions as required.
- Conducts administrative management and organizational planning; evaluates, develops, and implements new systems, technologies, policies, and procedures; develops, defends, and administers budgets; makes determinations regarding purchasing, outsourcing, staffing, allocation of resources, and operational improvements; reviews and approves financial and administrative requests; develops short- and long-range goals; implements operational improvements; communicates operational changes; and evaluates departmental performance according to metrics and goals.
- Prepares, recommends & manages policies and procedures for department.
- Collaborates with the Director of Watershed Management, County administration, Board of Commissioners to plan, coordinate, and problem solve departmental issues, projects, etc.
- Researches, compiles, and/or monitors administrative, statistical or other data pertaining to departmental operations; summarizes data; prepares operational reports and presentations.
- Oversees staff development and training, including conducting staff meetings and key staff training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; ten years of financial management experience, with three years of management experience for a comparable sized utility or public sector organization or as a deputy director for a smaller organization; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Specific License or Certification Required:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license; Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
You may send your resume directly to Joseph Williams at email@example.com