Director of Accounting
City of Boston Auditing Department
Wage/Salary: $87,717.44 - $125,678.65
Date Posted: Monday, October 4, 2021
Date Closing: Thursday, November 4, 2021
URL for this job:
Under the general direction of the City Auditor/Deputy City Auditor, directs the Accounting Program of the Auditing Department, including the establishment and communications of goals, objectives, and performance measures for the Program.
- Works with subordinate managers and supervisors to prioritize and plan work within the Program and communicate business processes and standards.
- Works collaboratively with the City Auditor and Deputy City Auditor to evaluate and identify changes to the department's priorities, processes, organization, and systems.
- Oversees the preparation of the City’s Basic Financial Statement, Official Statement, Management Letter, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, Schedule A, MSBA Audits, Free Cash Certification, and the departmental reports and documents.
- Oversees and coordinates year-end audit with external auditors.
- Manages and coordinates the tasks required for the timely and accurate completion of analysis and execution of transactions related to managing the Accounting Program while assuring compliance with City and other governmental regulations and standards.
- Ensures that the Program’s business processes and functions are consistent with modern and best practices.
- Conducts research and stays abreast of trends in municipal financial structures, and prevailing or best accounting practices.
- Oversees a complex financial management system and directs the planning, organizing, testing, and implementation of financial systems upgrades and modifications.
- Directs the planning and development of citywide training related to accounting transactions and financial analysis.
- Provides technical assistance to departments and agencies.
- Performs complex financial analysis, special projects, or complex system transactions, as needed.
- Performs related works as required.