The Department of the Treasurer is currently seeking highly qualified applicants for a Financial Management Specialist.
The successful candidate must be detailed oriented, demonstrate excellent computer, written, public speaking, and presentation skills. The candidate must be proficient in handling a high-level complex workload, as well as being flexible to ongoing changes. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with key stakeholders.
The job includes, but is not limited to, researching state code and county ordinance requirements, review of internal financial controls and audit standards, developing schedules and audit programs to meet identified objectives, and other projects assigned. Essential Functions will include:
- Ongoing evaluation of internal controls focused on fraud prevention and identifying financial control risks.
- Perform complex analysis and internal reviews of financial transactions.
- Conduct Treasury and cash management process audits internally and of other county departments assigned and present finding to stakeholders.
- Perform statistical analysis and conduct research to generate reports and create recommendations.
- Draft and recommend enhanced procedures and policies.
- Research and provide technical assistance and guidance for special projects and board initiatives.
- Act as the department Record Retention liaison.
- Develop and facilitate trainings.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, and work cooperative to provide quality seamless customer service.
HIRING RANGE: Commensurate with experience.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Public Administration, Accounting, or related field and four (4) years of professional level experience in governmental accounting and/or public finance management and auditing.
- Microsoft Office proficient with a strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; excellent verbal and written communications skills. Prior experience working with a major ERP System, such as Oracle, in a medium to large organization is desirable. Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and GAGAS (Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred but not required.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background and credit checks.