The City of Cape Coral is seeking an outstanding, achievement-oriented Financial Services Director to help guide the City in both the near and long term. In this role, you will be managing the City's comprehensive financial management system of management and budget, accounting, financial reporting, program performance evaluation, treasury, billing, debt issues, research, payroll, grant coordination and writing, fixed assets, activity-based costing and customer service.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- City-paid employee health coverage, additional for spouse or family
- Employee Health & Wellness Center for health care services
- 5 weeks PTO (sick & vacation)
- 11 paid holidays
- Pension Plan or 401(a) option
- City-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision and Dental Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And Much More!
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Overseeing the development of City Annual Budget, Asset Improvements Programs, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and Annual State of Florida Comptrollers Report and Management Letters.
- Prepare the annual CRA financial report and oversee quarterly and annual IRS payroll tax forms as well as State Fuel Tax Forms.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of financial management policies and procedures for City, Charter School and CRA in areas of accounting, budget, debt, economic resources, operations, billing, investments and customer service.
- Coordinate debt issuance to include development of financial plan, credit rating and bond insurer presentations, and work of financial team (financial advisor, bond counsel, underwriters, paying agent, etc.).
- Research existing data and information for trends, inconsistencies, and continuity of program and functions within the department.
- Setting a high standard of professionalism through appearance, respect for personnel and professional communication.
- Represents City, provides agenda or supporting information, and/or participates in meetings of the City Council and other government boards and commissions, as necessary.
- Assists with union negotiations, to include research, data analysis, suggestions, strategizing; serves as management representative on labor relations team and participates in active negotiations at the bargaining table.
- Performs other related duties as required.
WHAT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in municipal finance, including five (5) years in a supervisory role.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Government Officer.
- Preferred Master’s degree in related field.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace