The Forecasting & Special Projects Analyst in the Financial Services Division performs financial planning and forecasting, revenue policy development, rate-setting, budgeting, fiscal analyses, fiscal monitoring, and other various financial functions for the Portland Bureau of Transportation. The duties will vary daily, ranging from routine to difficult, and are creatively challenging.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop and monitor the bureau’s five and ten-year financial forecasts.
- Develop rates for services utilizing complex rate models.
- Develop dynamic financial models that can be updated in response to changing financial and performance assumptions.
- Coordinate issuance of Revenue Bonds, monitor proceeds spend-down and post-debt-issuance compliance.
- Conduct complex financial analysis, fee, and rate studies, and evaluate financing alternatives and funding strategies.
Who you are:
- Authentic: Effective in a professional, diverse, multi-cultural environment. You treat customers, co-workers and employees with respect and are accountable
- Results Driven: This position is high paced, dynamic and requires a candidate who can take charge, bring focus, and finish tasks in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Dedicated: Have a passion for public service and hold a high level of pride in making sure that projects and tasks are effectively and efficiently completed
- Organized: Able to work on a multitude of tasks and understand/respond to various situations in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Detail-oriented: An organizer and planner who thrives on details and is uncompromising in consistency and accuracy