HEALTH SERVICES REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Monthly Salary Range: $8,495 - $11,385
Contra Costa County is one of the few counties in the nation to offer a full spectrum of health-related services under one organizational structure. Doing business as Contra Costa Health Services (CCHS), it represents the largest department of the Contra Costa County government, employing more than 4,100 FTE’s (Full-Time Equivalents).
Contra Costa Health Services is an integrated system of health care services that covers health at every level: the individual, the family and the community. For low-income and uninsured residents of Contra Costa County, CCHS is the safety net, providing medical services not available to them elsewhere.
The Health Services Finance Department is responsible for the accounting operations of each program operated by Contra Costa Health Services. With the responsibility of managing a budget in excess of two billion dollars, the Finance Department is seeking qualified candidates to perform complex accounting work and analysis.
The Health Services Reimbursement Accountant will be required to plan, manage and review the work of the Hospital and Health Centers Finance Unit; oversee preparation and monitoring of the program budget, monthly financial projections and statistical reporting; and perform complex analysis of these reports to ensure the fiscal integrity of the Department’s financial records.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and the Fiscal Manager/Budget Officer. Qualified candidates must possess the verbal and written skills necessary to communicate clearly, succinctly and respectfully with Finance, Hospital and County leadership.
We are looking for someone who:
- Possesses strong management and problem-solving skills
- Has experience managing day-to-day fiscal activities of an accounting unit
- Is skilled at preparing and presenting clear, concise and accurate correspondence, reports and analyses
- Has experience reviewing, preparing and managing departmental budgets
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Handles stress well, showing the ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Performing complex accounting work such as preparing and monitoring the annual county budget
- Analyzing and reporting current expenditure and revenue patterns
- Reviewing and approving contracts, grants/agreements, warrants, and requisitions
- Supervising professional accountants and clerical staff
- Providing financial direction to Division Directors and Managers
- Training staff on various accounting and reporting duties
- Researching and gathering data required by Federal, State or County Internal Auditor and preparing a variety of correspondence and reports
- Management experience
- Experience with creating budgets and projections
- Expert skills working with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Government Accounting, GASB standards
- Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, finance, accounting or a closely related field.
- Experience: Three years of full-time experience, or its equivalent, as a professional accountant in a health care organization or program, at least eighteen months of which involved the preparation of cost reimbursement reports and analyses.
- Substitution: Either one additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for the required academic major; or a Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, finance or accounting or possession of a Certified Public Accountant certificate may be substituted for one year of the required general experience. No substitution is permitted for the eighteen months of cost reimbursement experience.
Closing Date: August 4, 2021
To read the complete job description and apply, please visit the website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/jobs/3151492/health-services-reimbursement-accountant?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs or our Careers page at
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.
Equal Opportunity Employer