City of Cedar Park Finance Department
Cedar Park, Texas
Wage/Salary: $49,425.50 - $$69,775.84
Date Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2020
Date Closing: Saturday, July 4, 2020
URL for this job:
The City of Cedar Park is seeking qualified applicants for the Senior Accountant position in the Finance Department:
- Oversee the accounting for Brushy Creek Regional Utility Authority (BCRUA), to include, but not limited to reviewing entries, bank and financial statements, assisting with external audits and reconciling investment accounts;
- Prepares accounting reports for and attends BCRUA operations committee meetings;
- Prepares quarterly payroll tax return and conducts related year-end reconciliation;
- Prepares complex year-end analysis and prepares related accrual and true-up journal entries;
- Assists in the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), including related notes and schedules;
- Assists with budget preparation, including compiling worksheets, generating monthly reports, and monitoring expenditures and determines budget allocations within the BCRUA departments;
- Prepares monthly property tax worksheets and reconciles delinquent taxes, current ad valorem taxes, and penalty and interest taxes;
- Assists external audits and prepares PBCs (prepared by client schedules and information) requested by the auditors;
- Assist City Manager, Finance Director, and/or Accounting Manager with various special projects as needed; and
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
Acceptable Experience, Training, Certifications and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or a related field, plus three (3) years of accounting experience, preferably including one (1) year in governmental accounting;
- any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in good standing with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, preferred.