The Project Manager within the City’s Finance Department will plan, coordinate and oversee all aspects of assigned department technology and operations projects. The Project Manager will ensure the successful completion in compliance with project specifications, budgets and timelines and serves as the contract manager on financial service contracts.
Some of the responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Responsible for the overall coordination and oversight of one or more assigned projects, defining scope, deliverables, milestones and quality requirements.
- Identifying and coordinating internal and external resources and talent for assigned projects; developing project plans, schedules, specifications and measures for progress and quality.
- Development of requirements and reviews and recommendation of the most appropriate equipment, supplies and vendors for the project, securing necessary approvals and ensuring compliance with City codes and regulations as well as Federal, State and local laws.
- Coordinate and lead meetings with project team members and internal and external clients.
- Provide direction, guidance and technical support to project team members; resolve conflicts and solve problems among project team members
- Develop and deliver presentations to stakeholders and/or at public meetings on project progress, variances, expenditures and outcomes.
- Gather and analyze data to prepare a variety of project-related reports; prepares spreadsheets, memos, correspondence and other project-related documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 2 or more years of experience in relevant technology & software, such as Tyler Munis, Novatime, SunGard Naviline, GIS, Citiworks and other department-specific technology; including Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Project Management experience and Change Management experience
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT: http://www.naperville.il.us/careers/
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.