Director of Financial Services – Barrington, IL (10,327)
The Director of Financial Services is a key member of the Village’s management team in a financially stable organization, and reports to the Village Manager. The Village maintains a AA1 bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services, and has earned multiple Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Awards for financial reporting and budgeting.
The Village is seeking a technically skilled and collaborative Director to lead the Department of Financial Services. Financial Services is also responsible for risk management and HR, as well as preparing the annual operating budget and the CAFR. The Director of Financial Services also serves as the Village Treasurer and additionally functions as the Treasurer for the Village’s Police and Fire pension funds.
The Village is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a record of leadership, problem solving and decisiveness;
- Have a desire to work collaboratively with other Village departments in the delivery of Village services; and
- Be comfortable in conveying financial data in an understandable and transparent fashion.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration or closely related field; a Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred, but not required;
- At least seven years of experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting; and
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
Starting salary: $130,000 - $135,000 +/- DOQ, plus exceptional benefits. Apply by July 24, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHRUSA Tel: 847-380-3240. The Village of Barrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.