Apply online at www.baytown.org!
Our Finance Department is moving and shaking! We are looking for a dedicated, precise and innovative Accounting/Finance professional to join our team to head off our budget process!
Baytown is a growing community with a population of about 82,000 situated on the north side of Galveston Bay approximately 25 miles from Downtown Houston. As a full-service municipal government our purpose is simple – Together we enrich lives and build community.
Our employees are dedicated to public service through Caring, Innovation, Collaboration, Leadership and Stewardship, and we are looking for a qualified candidate who shares our values to join our team in the role of Budget & Payroll Coordinator.
The Budget & Payroll Coordinator is an exempt level position that administers the annual budget process and is responsible for continuous maintenance of the City budget during the year. Analyzes the City's expenditures and revenues and provides justification for any variances; conducts analysis of past and current budget/actual information. Coordinates and prepares special reports as needed by city management including quarterly financial reports for the Finance Committee, City Council and special districts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field from an accredited college or university or combination of equivalent years of education, experience and training.
- Three (3) years of experience in municipal accounting or related field.
- Advanced computer processing skills in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel and Word.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- CPA or equivalent.
- Experience with SunGard Pentamation/Central Square and COGNOS Report writer.