Oversees the development and monitoring of the operating, capital and debt service budgets for the City. Oversees annual budget development for all operating funds of the City including the General Fund, Enterprise Funds, and Internal Service Funds, as well as oversee the development of the Capital Improvement Plan and debt management plan. Works closely with the Director, Chief Financial Officer and City Manager in developing the annual budgets and making recommendations for cost-saving and other efficiency measures. The City prepares a biennial budget and a five-year plan for all operating funds. The Assistant Director will recommend financial policies for the City and oversee compliance and reporting of the City’s Financial Management Performance Criteria. The Assistant Director is responsible for ensuring budget execution in accordance with the budget adopted by the City Council and routine reporting to management and City Counc il. The Assistant Director will also oversee other projects as assigned by the Director of the Office of Budget.
- Reviews budget allocation, employee assignments, objectives, and performance of subordinate managers and supervisors. Recommends changes to Director and makes reassignments of resources.
- Coordinates programs and resource allocations with department executives, and executives in other departments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Government, or similar field
- Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in budget development/monitoring, accounting, auditing, or public administration including five (5) years of administrative or supervisory responsibility
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of local government budgeting and best practices.
- Knowledge of operations of local government.
- Operate with a high level of discretion, ethics, and integrity as well as possess excellent judgment
- Strong analytical skills, attentive to details, operate with a sense of urgency.