Professional and administrative position responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the financial and human resources activities of the City. Work is performed under the general direction of the City Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Essential functions are fundamental job duties. They do not include marginal tasks, which are also performed but are incidental to the primary functions.)
- Responsible for the overall planning, organization, directing, coordination, performance and evaluation of the Finance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with City’s policies and application of local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for management of the Finance Department staff.
- Supports City departments and management to ensure efficient and effective staff performance in meeting departmental and organizational goals and measures.
- Responsible for and oversees the City’s annual operating and capital budget preparation. Responsible for the City’s debt management through on-time disbursements.
- Monitors cash balances daily.
- Responsible for monthly closing and all monthly reports.
- Prepares all quarterly and yearly tax payroll tax reports including W-2’s and 1099’s.
- Prepares all required Federal and State reports, including abandoned property report, Reviews and approves financial materials such as checks, pay requests, memorandums, payroll time sheets, etc.
- Reviews financial data such as bond documents, monthly financial reports, grant records, revenue and expenditure reports.Attends and participates in administrative meetings.
- Directs the daily functions of the Human Resource Department.
- Responsibilities to include interviewing, recommendation for hire, motivating, training and mentoring employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and recommending disciplining of employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems and if necessary, recommendation for termination.
- Participate in union negotiations.
- Administers various insurance policies for the City.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Ability to apply such knowledge to work issues.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
- Ability to create and present ideas and findings clearly and concisely in written, oral, and graphic form.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and supervise subordinates as required.
- Thorough knowledge of the organization, functions and activities of the various sectors of the City and those of other governmental agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of public personnel administration.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Must possess the following physical abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively using speaking, hearing, writing and vision skills.
- To sit at a desk and view a display screen for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university and 5 years of appropriate work experience in a public agency setting is required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS (Preferred):
- State of Florida Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Government Finance Officer Certification (CGFO).
- Finance Department, 6333 Ridge Road
- Determined by Experience
Please visit www.cityofportrichey.com to obtain job application. Contact Becky Wood , Human Resources at email@example.com or call 727-835-1269 for more information and/or to submit your application.